New blog series, “Ideas”. I talk about my game ideas here…
I suppose that since I posted an Idea Bin a while back, I should give my video game ideas some codenames for easy reference.
So starting with my Racing Game idea, it came to me by simply observing road trips along the country side. The idea grew quickly being a NFS and Burnout player. That might explain the codename “NFS+”
Here are some of my ideas and elements from those games that I would integrate:
- Expansive Road Network combining extensive highways (Hot Pursuit) with the urban layouts (Underground) with some fun stuff to explore (Burnout: Paradise). Chicanes, banked turns, bottlenecks, underpasses to name a few
- Various Scenery, mountains, forests, desert, coastlines and cities with dynamic weather patterns of snow or make for scenic routes everywhere (Hot Pursuit). Combine it with the varied types of road to add challenging snowy, sandy, or wet tracks, off-road and on.
- Of course, Free Roam. Drive around, get the feel of the road, and explore.
- Which you can’t do without Cars. Keep it diverse with Tuners, Classic Muscle, Modern Muscle, and High-end exotics. Each model customizable to a certain degree. Maybe throw in some concept cars that never made the market.
- Car Customization returns, (Underground, Most Wanted, Carbon) but wouldn’t be a necessity this time. You can stick to popular imports, tune it up and race against factory exotics (Hot Pursuit). With the right tuning, a Toyota Supra can beat a Lamborghini. That or stick to factory models and go at your pace.
- Police, the competitive, aggressive kind (Carbon). With a car selection equally diverse and employing real world tactics and weaponry (Most Wanted, Hot Pursuit)
- Multiple Race Types, standard fare of circuits, sprints, hot pursuit, versus, drag and drift. Include “scenarios” like a same brand showdown or a Fast and Furious reference (Skyline vs Charger)
- Freedom - Play the way you want to. Stick to one car, a few, or collect every car out there.
- How about integrate Crews (Carbon) into Autolog, functioning similarly to clans. Add some crew vs crew to multiplayer.
A lot of these elements have all been used in other racing games. But what I’ve did was list down how each can be improved and expanded.
Next post, I’ll talk about the more innovative idas that I have
The first in a series of posts I’d like to call, Played! Where I talk about the games I’ve played and what I feel about them.
I played a lot of Need For Speed tiles. But most of my game time has been spent on the 2nd Era titles developed by EA Black Box.
I’ve had a number ideas for video come to me over the last 6 years. Some were inspired by what I have played or what was the big during then. During then, I’ve never put it down on paper or on a Game Design Document. Figures!
Luckily, I still do remember most of them:
Let’s keep it short:
- I’m currently an Architecture Student
- During my freetime, I’m a Gamer
- I’m very imaginative, helps in designing a building
- But every now and then, I come up with an idea for a new game or create a scenario
- So I made this blog to put my ideas down.